K-12 Mathematics Resources
Activities at K-State's Mathematics Department
- GIRLS’ ADVENTURES IN MATH, A Math Competition for Girls for grades 3-8. For more information, contact Lauren White, AWM Chapter President, Office: CW 123, 785-532-0597, email: email@example.com
- Manhattan Mathematical Olympiad for grades 5 - 12 during K-State Open House. For more information, please contact Dr. Yan Soibelman, 785-532-0584, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or see this year's advertisement or this news release: Manhattan Mathematical Olympiad Adds Up the Fun at All-University Open House. K-State Open House for everyone: fractals, puzzles, mazes, origami, tesselations, many on-line resources. Click and learn .
- Math Circle Seminar for grades 2 - 12. For more information, contact Dr. Natalia Rozhkovskaya, 785-532-0572, email: email@example.com
- Math Club PME interacts with local schools in the Manhattan Area. For more information, please contact Dr. David Auckly, 785-532-0577, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National AMC offered at K-State's Mathematics Department for K-12 students:
Activities at Kansas State University
- EXCITE: Exploring Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Excite offers one-day events and a summer workshop on the main K-State campus for high school girls and events off campus for high school boys.
- GROW: Girls Researching Our World Grow has Summer Workshops including Mathematics, Industry Tours and Saturday events.
- KAWSE: K-State Office for the Advancement of Women in Science and Engineering
- SUCCEED: Programs Succeed creates mentoring and networking opportunities.
- The Outstanding Senior in Mathematics and Science Award Please contact Carol Hewitt at (785) 532-5455 or email@example.com College of Engineering, Kansas State University, 1046 Rathbone Hall, Manhattan KS 66506
- The Historical Record of Kansas Student Accomplishments in Advanced American Mathematics Competitions for K-12 grades.
- International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) for high school students
- IMO Problems and Solutions
- United States Mathematical Olympiad (USAMO) for high school students
- USA Mathematical Talent Search (USAMTS) for grades 4-12
- American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME) for high school students
- American Mathematics Competitions for K-12 students
- MATH KANGAROO COMPETITION IN USA for grades 1-12
- Math Counts for grades 7 and 8
- Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS) for grades 4-8
- American Regions Math League (ARML) for high school students
- Mathleague.org for grades 6-12
- The Math League (ML) for grades 4-12
- Canadian Mathematics Contests and Challenges
- Hungarian Problem Solving Contests
- Top Coder Competition Page
- Mandelbrot Competition
- Mathematica Centrum
- Rice High School Math Tournament
- Texas Competitive Mathematics
- Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program
- A-STAR Summer Math Camps
- Canada/USA Math Camp
- Awesome Math Summer Program at the University of California, Santa Cruz
- Texas Mathworks Teacher Institute
- Art of Problem Solving
- ACT Online
- College Board Online SAT ®, PSAT/NMSQT ®, AP ®, CLEP ®
- SAT Prep
- Advanced Placement Program
- 4 Tests
- Educational Testing Service
Further External Resources
- Great Plains Network (GPN)
- Kansas Research and Education Network (KanREN)
- Kansas Association of Teachers of Mathematics (KATM)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- Math Forum: a virtual center for math education
- Ask Dr. Math: your mathematical questions.
- Math-Made-Fun Online
- Singapore Math for really good K-12 Math books.
- Carolina Supply
- Key Curriculum Press
- Pearson School
- Classroom Solutions
- Education in the United States
- High Schools
- Elementary Schools
- Nick's Mathematical Puzzles