K-12 Mathematics Resources
Activities at K-State's Mathematics Department
- GIRLS’ ADVENTURES IN MATH, A Math Competition for Girls for grades 3-8. For more information, contact Lauren White, AWM Chapter President, Office: CW 123, 785-532-0597, email: email@example.com
- North American Computational Linguistics Olympiad NACLO is a national contest for U.S. and Canadian high school students. Contestants compete by solving compelling and creative puzzles in linguistics and computational linguistics. Requiring no previous knowledge of linguistics, languages, or computing, these puzzles can be solved by analytic reasoning alone, and serve as a fun introduction to a new field of linguistics, cryptography and mathematics. Winners of NACLO are eligible to compete in the International Linguistics Olympiad, one of twelve international high school science Olympiads. Participation in the competition is free.
- Manhattan Mathematical Olympiad for grades 5 - 12 during K-State Open House. For more information, please contact Dr. Yan Soibelman, 785-532-0584, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or see this year's advertisement. Manhattan Mathematical Olympiad Adds Up the Fun at All-University Open House.
- K-State Open House for everyone: fractals, puzzles, mazes, origami, tesselations, many on-line resources. Click and learn .
- Math Circle Seminar for grades 2 - 12. For more information, contact Dr. Natalia Rozhkovskaya, 785-532-0572, email: email@example.com
- Math Club PME interacts with local schools in the Manhattan Area. For more information, please contact Dr. David Auckly, 785-532-0577, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National AMC offered at K-State's Mathematics Department for K-12 students:
Activities at Kansas State University
- EXCITE: Exploring Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Excite offers one-day events and a summer workshop on the main K-State campus for high school girls and events off campus for high school boys.
- GROW: Girls Researching Our World Grow has Summer Workshops including Mathematics, Industry Tours and Saturday events.
- KAWSE: K-State Office for the Advancement of Women in Science and Engineering
- SUCCEED: Programs Succeed creates mentoring and networking opportunities.
- The Outstanding Senior in Mathematics and Science Award Please contact Carol Hewitt at (785) 532-5455 or email@example.com College of Engineering, Kansas State University, 1046 Rathbone Hall, Manhattan KS 66506
- The Historical Record of Kansas Student Accomplishments in Advanced American Mathematics Competitions for K-12 grades.
- International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) for high school students
- IMO Problems and Solutions
- United States Mathematical Olympiad (USAMO) for high school students
- USA Mathematical Talent Search (USAMTS) for grades 4-12
- American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME) for high school students
- American Mathematics Competitions for K-12 students
- MATH KANGAROO COMPETITION IN USA for grades 1-12
- Math Counts for grades 7 and 8
- Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS) for grades 4-8
- American Regions Math League (ARML) for high school students
- Mathleague.org for grades 6-12
- The Math League (ML) for grades 4-12
- Canadian Mathematics Contests and Challenges
- Hungarian Problem Solving Contests
- Top Coder Competition Page
- Mandelbrot Competition
- Mathematica Centrum
- Rice High School Math Tournament
- Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program
- A-STAR Summer Math Camps
- Canada/USA Math Camp
- Awesome Math Summer Program at the University of California, Santa Cruz
- Texas Mathworks Teacher Institute
- The Art of Problem Solving (AOPS)
- ACT Online
- College Board Online SAT ®, PSAT/NMSQT ®, AP ®, CLEP ®
- SAT Prep
- Advanced Placement Program
- 4 Tests
- Educational Testing Service
Further External Resources
- Great Plains Network (GPN)
- Kansas Research and Education Network (KanREN)
- Kansas Association of Teachers of Mathematics (KATM)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- Math Forum: a virtual center for math education
- Ask Dr. Math: your mathematical questions.
- Math-Made-Fun Online
- Singapore Math for really good K-12 Math books.
- Carolina Supply
- Key Curriculum Press
- Pearson School
- Classroom Solutions
- Education in the United States
- High Schools
- Elementary Schools
- Nick's Mathematical Puzzles