- Applied Mathematics (see the KSU Applied Math website).
- Partial differential equations.
- Numerical analysis.
- High-order accurate numerical algorithms.
- Large-scale parallel computing.
- Nonlinear wave propagation with applications to High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU).
- Direct numerical simulation of the Navier-Stokes equations.
- BA in mathematics from the University of Hawaii at Hilo (2001)
- PhD in mathematics from the University of Utah (2006)
- NSF postdoctoral research fellowship, award #0603611
- Assistant Professor at K-State (2011-present)