Manhattan Math Circle
Students of grades 2 through 12 are invited to challenge and develop their thinking and creativity skills at the workshops of Math Circle Seminar. This is an enrichment program for students with a strong interest in mathematics. The program is organized by the faculty members of the Department of Mathematics at Kansas State University. More details you can find here.
In 2014-2015 two regular levels of instruction will be offered and level three is welcome to attend K-State Math Club meetings.
- Level 1 is for the youngest audience, roughly up to grade 4. Along with solving challenging math problems, students will be offered numerous math-related hand-on activities.
- Level 2 is best for students with the knowledge base of 5th-7th grade of standard school program. The participants will learn solving methods, practice logical skills and get acquainted with deep mathematical concepts and notions.
We will offer special practice sessions for challenging math tests and competitions, homework assignments and complementary recreational activities.
At the end of the academic year the best homework solvers will be awarded with certificates of excellence and prizes.
- Math Circle Seminar will commence in September, 2014 and will continue through to the end of April, 2015.
The sessions will take place on Wednesday evenings, in Cardwell Hall,
- The workshop is free, however all participants must register by completing the form below. Students without registration will not be allowed to participate in the workshop. Even if a student plans to attend only one class of the session, his/her legal guardians must complete the registration. The registration is valid through the 2014-2015 academic year. The registered participants will be included in the mailing list. Through the mailing list the participants will be informed about the updates in the schedule, planned events, other available outreach programs and competitions in math and science. The registration with 2013-2014 mailing list will be valid through the end of September, 2014. After that date the information will be sent only to participants who have renewed their registration.
IMPORTANT: Students of age 12 and younger must be picked up by
parents from the site. For safety reasons no students of the
indicated age will be allowed to walk away from the classroom without
- Contacts: Natasha Rozhkovskaya. E-mail: rozhkovs AT math DOT ksu DOT edu.
Schedule Fall 2014
September 17, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 2
September 24, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 1
October 1, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 2
October 8, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 1
October 15, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 2
October 22, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 1
October 29, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 2
November 5, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 1
November 12, Wed 7:30-8:30 pm, Level 2, AMC 8 Practice
Dates of Math Competitions in 2014-2015
If you want to participate in competitions, please make sure to register on time.
AMC 8: Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
AMC 10/12: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 or Wednesday, February 25, 2015.
USA Kangaroo: Thursday, March 19, 2015 (Important: registration ends 15 Dec 2014).
Various related links